In 2014, I'll have a modest, achievable goal: 3 or more blogs a week.
Topics I'll likely try to cover are the things currently near and dear to me:
* Family -- My boys, Xander (5) and Zachary (4) are such a joy. I'm really having fun trying to challenge them. Being a good dad is my most important work.
* Mobile Gaming -- Jawfish has some interesting challenges in store. Last year was interesting, to say the least. We launched a bunch of games on our platform and got a little traction, but not enough to help me close a venture deal. The gaming landscape has changed considerably since we started two years ago -- user acquisition is a real challenge.
* Poker -- while "retired" officially from playing, I think there are still plenty of things I can add. I want to start a weekly Google Hangout to talk poker. I miss my weekly radio show on ESPN radio. I want to bring some of that back.
* Bridge -- you may not know, but I've been a huge fan of the game for almost 30 years now. I've won quite a few important tournaments, and now I find myself addicted yet again. It is a beautiful, nuanced game. I hope to share some of my passion for the game with you in the blog.
* And, new pursuits -- I've got some ideas for things I want to tackle in the new year. I'm thinking about trying to learn to play guitar with "Rocksmith" -- any one out there have a suggestion for a good mid-range guitar to buy for this purpose? I've never played a note on one and have no idea where to start.
Game on. 2014 should be a blast.